GeoStrata is a small mod to diversify underground world generation, making mining and caves more interesting, while simultaneously adding many aesthetic and functional building materials.
Its basic premise is that it adds a bunch of real-world rock types which overwrite most (but not all) vanilla stone. These rocks generate at realistic depths, and in realistic biomes (eg more shale and limestone in oceans).
To avoid making cobble rare, the cobble versions of my rock are usable as cobblestone in all recipes.
My rock behaves like vanilla stone with pickaxes – it generates smooth, drops cobble (unless using silk touch), can be smelted into smooth, and smooth can be crafted into bricks.
The mod also adds “Cave Crystals” – small crystals which can generate in caves. Standing near a crystal will give living entities small stat effects (eg red crystal gives 10s of resistance). Crystals cannot be mined directly – they drop shards which can be used to make lamps (which give no effects). However, they can be harvested with silk touch to get the actual crystal. Crystal shards can also be used to brew potions, some of which (such as jump boost) are not available normally.
Also worth noting is that this mod is designed to feel like vanilla, so I will not be adding other features unless they fit very well with vanilla and the mod.
Minecraft GeoStrata Mod Screenshots:
How to install Minecraft GeoStrata Mod:
- You need Minecraft Forge and DragonAPI
- Open your minecraft.jar file. This can be found here: C:\Users\(insert computer name here)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin. It can also be found by searching for “%appdata%” in your start menu. Once you have searched for “%appdata%,” you have to follow the same path as stated above. Open your minecraft.jar with Winrar by simply dragging the .jar into Winrar.
- Open the .zip/.rar/folder of your mod and drag and drop the contents into the minecraft.jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder in the minecraft.jar. Close minecraft.jar.
- Open Minecraft and play!
- If your mod doesn’t work properly or you get a black screen at the Minecraft startup: You need Delete your minecraft.jar found here “C:\Users\(insert computer name here)\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin”. Then Open Minecraft, let it auto-update so your .jar can be restord. Attempt to re-install mod (If you want).
Download Minecraft GeoStrata Mod:
For Minecraft 1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.6.2/1.6.1
For Minecraft 1.5.2/1.5.1
- Minecraft 1.8.1 Pre-release 5 Download
- Minecraft Extended Villages Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- Minecraft Mob Armor Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- TNT Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10/1.7.2
- The Camping Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4
- OreSpawn Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4
- InstantBlocks Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- Clay Soldiers Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- Minecraft More Amours Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- Jaffas and more Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4