Thaumaturgy… which giveth certain order to make strange works, of the sense to be perceived and of men greatly to be wondered at.
Thaumaturgy is the capability of a magician to work miracles. A practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge, thaumaturgist or miracle worker.
This is what this mod is all about – drawing magic from physical objects in the form of Essentia and reshaping it to perform miracles.
The first thing you will need to craft is a wand. The first one available to you is the Wand of the Apprentice crafted as shown here:
Any type of shard can be used in the recipe.
You then place a bookshelf in the world and right click on it with the wand. This gives you the Thaumonomicon which explains almost everything else you will need to know about Thaumcraft.
- Install Minecraft Forge (Modloader is NOT required – my mod uses the Forge modloader)
- Download this mod and place the zip into your Mods Directory.
Adding Thaumcaft world generation to existing worlds
Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
- If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as ‘DEFAULT’ otherwise set it to anything else.
- You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to ‘true’ if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won’t be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
- Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine – just wait it out. It shouldn’t take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
- If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
IMPORTANT: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven’t visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.
– several additions and improvements to the api
– the amount of xp a brain in a jar can hold is now capped. It only holds 1000xp, which is enough to take you from level 0 to 30 or so.
– crystal core should no longer forget the node it is pulling if it merges with another while being pulled.
Download Minecraft Thaumcraft 3 Mod [1.4.7]:
- Minecraft Old World Gen Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- Minecraft Fun World Gen Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- Minecraft Realistic World Gen Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- World Downloader Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4
- Minecraft 1.8.2 Pre-release 4 Download
- Throwable Bricks Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4
- Super Mario Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4
- Minecraft Convenient Recipes Mod 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- Minecraft Sprinkles For Vanilla Mod 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- B0bGary’s Growable Ores Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4